Unfortunately, I didn't take any "before" pictures. So just imagine the contents of this pot filling up the little patch of ground, with some daisies and some REALLY tall dandelions. Yeah--very attractive.
Here's the "after" view as you approach from the driveway:
Here's a side view of the flowers:
Close up of the new welcome mat:
That's it. Three hours of shopping and thinking and considering and pondering and decision-making, and the above are the results. Not bad, and better than it was before, but clearly we are amateurs.
And of course UB's friend didn't notice--but we feel better whenever we walk to our front door. So in the end, it was worth it. But clearly, we still need our mommies.
8 comments:
Well done!
And no one even got hurt. Right?
That's right--no humans, animals, or plants were harmed during our garden-patch makeover. :-)
Well, I'm glad to have reminded you- and I love that welcome mat. I always love when I finish something like that and can go back and see the results- even if you feel it took you too long- you're enjoying it now, right? That's what counts-
Hum, a deleted comment- now my curiosity is piqued.....
Mysterious indeed--but not that exciting, really. The deleted comment was my response to Juliemom that you see above--I posted it THEN caught a typo (of course--the one time I don't preview before publishing), and the grammar nazi in me couldn't let it remain. I didn't realize that in deleting the comment, it would leave that there for the world to see. Oh, well...
I didn't THINK you'd have an inappropriate comment on your blog- I forgot about the grammar/spelling/english language possibilities.
Next time I'll know better...
Only you, my dear sister, would plop down a couple of already potted plants and call it gardening. I laughed so hard! What struck me so funny was that I know the anguish and anxiety that went into that shopping trip. Oh to be a fly on Walmart's wall. I can just see UB's bald head beaded with perspiration as he peruses beds of blooms. Hyperventilating. Questioning. How much space is it? Is it bigger than a bread box? AAHHH! I need a Starbucks! But I am very proud of you for taking a whack at it. Give it time. Just remember, you did finally learn how to hang pictures.
Your hard work paid off! I think it looks very presentable, want to do mine next??? I'm in worse shape than you....(no garden, or flowers, only artificial, very sad shape...your Mother-in-law said she may give me some lessons.
Post a Comment