Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Allow me to introduce myself...

Howdy, folks! If you've found my blog, either you are scrolling through blogs on Google because you have way too much time on your hands OR you actually know me and are here because I told you that I have a blog and asked you to please read it. But just in case you are here and you don't know who I am, I'll give you a little background. I've entered the blogging arena thanks to Juliemom, who is my blogspiration AND personal blog designer. Because while there are things I am good at, design is not one of those things. And Juliemom is an experienced blogger, very good at design, and knows me very well, hence her excellent qualifications to set up my little corner of cyberspace.

She's even the one who inspired my Aunt Bossy moniker, in a rather round-about way. Years ago when we were both learning Sign Language, a group of our deaf friends were trying to figure out a sign name for me (as a hearing person, it's not culturally correct to pick one for myself). They were trying all sorts of signs using the letter "s" (the first letter of my real name)--signs that meant expressive, signs that related to playing musical instruments, etc. Then Juliemom suggested the sign that meant "boss" because I was bossy. And she would know, given that we'd been friends for a few years at that point and she was living with my family and I prior to marrying her Prince. Nothing like sharing the same space to REALLY get to know someone, warts and all! Everyone laughed, and naturally it stuck.

Fast forward to Juliemom having her three lovely Princesses, to whom I am an adoring Aunt. Then she started blogging, and I wanted to leave comments. So I needed a screen name that would be anonymous enough to please my VERY cyber-cautious hubby and yet still be obvious to Juliemom that it was me. So I became Aunt Bossy in blogland, and it works.

So thank you, thank you, thank you, Juliemom for ushering me into this new and exciting bloggy world. I look forward to making new bloggy friends, and using this space to stay connected to those I love who live both far and near. I can't wait to see where this all leads...

5 comments:

JulieMom said...

WELCOME TO BLOGLAND!!

Is it everything you dreamed it would be? *giggles*

I am now president of your *un*official fan club. Keep posting!

Colette said...

Hey...just found your blog..after scrolling through some of my comments (takes me a while!!). It will be good to see you in three places now: Church, SB (yeah!) and here! L,C

Colette said...

p.s. let me clarify...it doesnt take me a long time to scroll my comments. It took me a while to comment on your comment!! :)

Donna-Rochester, NY said...

I fell over laughing at the "plant blog", I can so relate to your pain! I belong to that plant family too....and I DO plant artificial plants, you know the birds and bees don't care and from the street no one really can tell. I feel free, no water, no plant food, no weeds, no stress yeah...and they look great summer and winter(in my garage). Donna

WendyMom said...

Hey girlie- it's me! Juliemom also set up my blog- without my prior knowledge of course- but hey, blogging under pressure is a blast!
I'll keep reading if you keep writing!
Love ya-

Welcome to my blog--where I get to share, reflect, vent, connect, and engage the world in conversation. 'Cause I always have something to say...