No, sorry--I'm not giving away free stuff. But today God has just showered me with blessings--free stuff! So I just had to share.
1.) FREE CLOTHES! In my previous post, I mentioned how God continually provides me with free clothing via gifts from ladies who have shrunk out of their clothes that now will fit me. I guess there's an advantage to being the biggest girl in the WW meeting... Anyway, a parent of one of my students brought in a big, heavy, box full of clothes! Nice sweaters, skirts, pants, some casual tops, and they are all either CJ/Christopher & Banks OR they are from Macy's/JC Penny. In other words, really nice stuff. So tonight I do another closet eval--there are some things that will go to make room for the new stuff. Thank you, Lord--I was just thinking that I needed to go shopping & now I don't need to!
2.) FREE C-PAP HEADGEAR! This may not be a big deal to you, but the headgear that keeps my c-pap on my face during the night has reached the end of it's usable life. Turns out I should be changing it out every so many months, and mine is like, a year & 1/2 old. Oops. There is a c-pap supply store in town--I noticed it when shopping at Toys R not the place to shop on Saturday morning Us. So anyway, I went in today since I have been without my machine for 3 days now and I can feel the fatigue coating my mind & tongue. I gave them my insurance information, but then they didn't have my particular style of headgear in stock. So I was given two options: a.) order a new set for $62.00 OR b.) take the floor model for free. Clearly I chose option b, and tonight my brain should have all the oxygen it needs so I can continue to function properly.
3.) FREE TEA LATTE So then I pulled into the Starbucks drive-thru; I have a coupon for a $2.00 tall tea latte (say that 5 times fast) and figured I'd use it. I did a lot of my training at this particular 'Bucks, and the store manager is the mother of two of my former students. So, I pulled up to the window to pay, handed them the coupon and my $10.00 bill, and the girl handed me back my money & said "The first one's on us!" I don't know if it's because they recognized me over the microphone/camera or just because they were being nice (as Starbucks has been known to do) but I'll take it.
4.) KINDA FREE DINNER! OK, this isn't really free, but our cell-phone rebate came in and we're using the card to pay for tonight's dinner. Which is great, since I've had NO TIME to get to the grocery store to buy groceries and tonight I didn't have time to cook since I was at the c-pap store.
What a blessed day--God is too good to me. Really. I don't deserve everything he has given me, and I'm so thankful that He continues to provide all my needs. And even my wants. Thank you, Lord--thank you, thank you, thank you!!
1 comment:
Sounds like a good day!
So, how many of those clothes are you setting aside for me? Hmm? Am I teasing?
Possibly. :0)
So happy for you. Obedience gets blessings, never forget that!
Post a Comment