OK, so this is going to be a kamikaze 2-for-1 Fitness Friday/Weekend post. I have a good reason for my absence--I really do. You'll discover it in the first part of my post, which is:
Add & Subtract
This year I will add to my life:
1.) The title "homeowner." UB & I closed on our house on January 2nd, and there is so much to tell with all that went on but that will have to be another post. If I can find the time in between painting and sanding and cleaning and packing and moving and planning meals and cooking and exercising, etc. Managing my fitness goals with the new project schedule will be a challenge, but it can be done.
2.) More varied workouts & activities--I want to try things like Zumba and a CardioKick class and other offerings at the gym. A friend is planning a day trip to a ski resort during Feb. break; I haven't gone skiing since I was a kid, and that was only twice and I never made it off of the bunny hill. So I'd really like to go and give it another try.
This year I will subtract:
1.) Some of the extra professional responsibilities I have carried for the past few years. I can feel the Holy Spirit's prompting to lighten my load, so I will.
2.) More doctors from my "need to see regularly" list. I've already lost one--at my last visit with my endocrinologist, he said I was 1.) doing great and 2.) too healthy to see him anymore. WAHOO! I mean, he's a great doctor, but what a savings of time & money! Next on my list (hopefully) is the CPAP machine & my appointments at the sleep clinic.
OK, I know the above list is short, but implied is that I will continue to do all of the things I've been doing that have gotten me this far. And besides, I'm cramming 2 posts into one so on to the
Warm Fuzzies: things that make me feel good
1.) Getting back on schedule! I thrive on structure and as hard as it was to get up last Monday morning, it was great to get back into the swing of things. I love the feeling of accomplishment, and there wasn't a lot of that over the Christmas break!
2.) Looking at pictures from a year ago and knowing I'm not that size anymore and running into people who haven't seen me in a while.
3.) Cooking & eating a really tasty, healthy meal.
4.) Being able to bend, squat, kneel, reach up, etc. as I tape up baseboards & molding and remove outlet covers and paint and do all manner of work on our new house that requires flexibility and strength. I cannot imagine doing this sort of thing at my largest--it would have wiped me out.
5.) Not needing a nap at 3:00 p.m.
6.) I know this will sound weird, but bear with me here...managing the weeks surrounding our church Christmas show back in December. I had to be at the church right after school on Wed/Friday and be there all day Sat/Sun (there goes the weekend), and in the midst of this I also had to create our school chorus & band concert program, perform the concert with my kiddos, teach, plan the staff Holiday breakfast, attend my school's Theater Club dress rehearsals & performances, AND finish report cards. And that's just the at-work list; add to that fitness & household duties and holiday planning and it was a full plate & then some. And it all got done, with a minimum of stress. Really. This sort of multi-tasking-keep-lots-of-plates-spinning is pretty normal for me--not usually this much at once, but generally it's how I operate. However, back when I was Sleep Apnea Girl the above list would've put me over the edge; not only because in my fatigued state I would struggle to manage everything, but I would be SO frustrated by my inability to manage. But now that I'm sleeping and more fit, I was able to go into Hyper Time Management Mode and it all got done. So all that to say that it feels so good to be me again! (If you've ever felt like a stranger in your own body before, then you know what I'm talking about...)
7.) Buying pajamas (both the fun & functional kind) from the Misses section, NOT the Women's section. I'm beginning to cross over!
I have more I could list but I have to get to bed so I can get up & get to the gym tomorrow morning. I'll try to be more timely with my posts, but I can't promise anything. I've missed getting around to read everyone's posts--hopefully I can squeeze that in sometime this week. And someday I'll find the time to post about how God has just blessed our socks off in these past few months. He is so good to us! Have a good week & I'll be checking in sometime next weekend...I hope...
4 comments:
You get extra credit for the make-up work, Aunt Bossy! :)
Whew! Your December made me tired! Praise God you have the energy to keep up and work on your house. What a blessing. Especially since you remember a time when you couldn't. And firing your doctor? Awesome!
You are doing great and you are a super source of encouragement to us.
Buying a nice pair of pj's amkes me feel good, too.
Youa re such an inspiration, Aunt Bossy, really.
And two posts in one: very didlgent of you!
I meant "diligent". I really can spell, really I can!
Hiya Stranger! Come here often? ;0)
Glad to hear the house-moving-into-cleaning-repainting stuff is going well. Let's Skype sometime, 'kay?
We are peas in a pod, my sister, with all the plate spinning. But I'm not at a point where I can cut back-yet. I envy you! (But not in a sinful way.)
Post a Comment