So there's a “30 Days of Thankfulness” theme on Facebook--a few of my friends are participating. I missed the memo on that--not sure how but I love the idea. I keep saying “I should do this—I just have to catch up!” And here we are on Day 19. That would be one L-O-N-G status update, so it’s the blog to the rescue! I’ll catch up here & then hopefully be on the ball for the next 11 days. So without further delay…
I am thankful for:
Day 1: My God. He is the source of life, the provider of everything else I will mention on this list. I cannot imagine going through this life without His love, His Word, His guidance, and His peace. I am blessed beyond measure; thank you, Lord!
Day 2: My husband. He is a wonderful, Godly man who demonstrates his love for me and our son every day. He is such a hard worker; so helpful around the house and with CB. I’m so blessed!
Day 3: My son. He is such a joy! I am loving Mommy-hood, challenges and all. I am thankful for CB’s health, happy disposition, and boundless energy & curiosity. I love him more than I can express.
Day 4: My job. I love my job. I love my school, my subject, my students, my coworkers (shout out to my music peeps KC & KR). Do we do everything right in my district? No. But there is more right than wrong at my school and I’m so blessed to be a part of this educational community.
Day 5: My church. I love my church, I love the people at my church, and I love ministering at my church. Are we perfect? Hahahaha! Of course not. Christ didn’t say that people would know we were His disciples because we were perfect. He said that people would know we were His disciples because we loved one another. It’s not always easy—that’s why it’s the evidence of Divine influence and leading! Through ups and downs, triumphs and tragedy, this is where I belong, where our family belongs. So thankful for the things I’ve learned and the opportunities to grow.
Day 6: Our house. I love our house! It’s not big, not fancy, but it’s just what we need and a lot of what we want. It’s warm, cozy, and full of love.
Day 7: The Keurig. I love coffee and I love the convenience the Keurig provides. I’m thankful for both Keurigs in my life—the one at home and the one at work! Little cups of happiness, ready in a matter of minutes.
Day 8: Starbucks. I also enjoy lattes and I have yet to figure out my espresso machine. I know—it’s pathetic, considering that I worked as a Starbucks barista! I will figure it out, really I will. But for now, Starbucks provides little cups of happiness when out & about.
Day 9: My Kiki. She’s not only one of my best friends, she’s also my sister-in-law and she watches CB when I’m at work. Knowing my boy is so well loved and cared for makes it so much easier for me to do my job. Not that daycares are terrible—I worked at one and we loved on those kiddos. But it’s not the same as family. I don’t ever worry about CB’s safety or well-being during the day. I’m so blessed!
Day 10: My family. My mom is my best friend (next to UB). There isn’t time or room right now to tell you how awesome she is. Just trust me, she’s awesome. As is my dad. I grew up in a secure, Godly, loving home. We are that functional family—really! Sure, we have our quirks…who doesn’t? But my favorite place to be is wherever my family is—Mom & Dad Bossy, my brothers and their families, my grandparents & aunts, uncles, & cousins. They are amazing people and I love them to pieces! I’m also thankful to have married into a loving family. I was good friends with UB’s sister for years before we began dating—I love looking back at how that all worked out. CB has love & nurture coming from both sides of the family; we are so blessed!
Day 11: My friends. I know—you probably saw this one coming. But I mean it—I am blessed with good friends who know me and love me, warts & all. I don’t have to wear a mask or pretend to be someone I’m not, which is good ‘cause I don’t know how to be anyone other than me. I’m also thankful for Facebook, and the ability to reconnect with old friends and keep up with current friends. I’ll totally get in trouble if I start naming folks, ‘cause there’s no way I’d mention everyone. But special shout-outs to Juliemom & Shel (already mentioned Kiki & L.C.). I love you & am better for knowing you.
Day 12: Weight Watchers. It’s a program that I believe in and that has worked for me. It’s not easy to change life-long bad habits, but I appreciate the support system and an organized plan for eating & exercising.
Day 13: My CPAP machine. I have sleep apnea, and when I was untreated I felt so terrible. Partly my own fault, partly my biologic design, but with the CPAP I can function normally again. Together with WW, we are charting a new, healthier path.
Day 14: Allrecipes. I love to cook and I love to try new recipes; this is my go-to source when I need a recipe or I’m looking for dinner inspiration. My favorite part: the recipe reviews!
Day 15: My laundry machines. No joke. After a few years of quarter-roll-toting-machine-sharing, I SO appreciate being able to do laundry whenever I want/need. And being able to leave a load in the dryer for a few hours…days…is also a huge perk.
Day 16: My kitchen. It’s big and has lots of storage and makes cooking so much easier. I spend so much time in there and it’s nice to actually enjoy it!
Day 17: The GORGEOUS fall weather we’ve experienced. It’s been unseasonably warm and sunny. There are few things more beautiful than yellow, orange, & red leaves ablaze in the autumn sun. We have been seriously spoiled these past few months.
Day 18: The pretty water. We live near a large lake & its bays & ponds. I love driving by on my way to work, watching the sun rise (or the stars sparkle) over the water.
Day 19: I’m thankful for the way CB can and does amuse himself in the kitchen while I cook dinner—what a blessing! And I love how he wants to “help” me unload the dishwasher and how he’s learned to keep away from the stove and how he “cooks” with the pots & spoons I give him to play with. Thank you, Lord for my budding chef!
Phew! That took awhile, but it was fun. And to think that I haven’t even scratched the surface of all I have to be thankful for. I know I said it over and over, but I have to say it again:
I am so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment