Saturday, September 20, 2008

Then & Now Part Deux

Ok, Bloglanders: as promised, here are some more "then & now" photos. These are kind of like a weird take on those baby photos where you take their picture with the same stuffed animal to measure their growth. But instead of a stuffed animal, you get to see me with my niece & nephew, who are growing as I shrink. They are my brother Soldier Bossy's kiddos--EB Bossy is my niece (the EB stands for Energizer Bunny--she keeps going and going and going...). I'm debating on my nephew's blog name--any ideas, folks? Update: Ok, their Nana reminded me that EB calls her brother "Boo." As in, "No-no, Boo! No-no!" So he'll be Boo Bossy. We'll start with EB:

Taken in August, 2007:
(Holy chins, Batman!)

Taken in July, 2008:

(OK, so my nose looks huge given the way my head is tilted, but I have fewer chins!)
Now using Boo as a reference:

Taken in February, 2008:



(note Starbucks mug on table. I was destined to work there...)

Taken in August, 2008: (And yes, I'm wearing the same shirt in both "now" photos, but they weren't taken on the same day. Didn't plan that--just worked out that way!)
Couldn't you just eat him up? Can't even stand it. Last Saturday I taught him how to give knuckles AND I got to hear him say "please" and "woof-woof" and "cracker." Smart as a whip, cute as a button!

THIS weekend brings a joint birthday party for Papa Bossy & Nephew Bossy (my brother Biker Bossy's oldest son--gotta think up a blog name for him, too). So there will be MANY photo ops, and some whole-family shots that I can share as soon as I have access to them. 'Cause Mama & Papa Bossy have done some shrinking too--wait 'til you see their pics, Juliemom! And I'll have more niece & nephew shots to share--gotta give equal blog time to my Biker Bossy boys.
Here's one final pic: it's of me & Biker Bossy, the brother many people don't know I have since he didn't move here with my family years ago. However, all it takes is one look to know that we're related...



And no, we're not twins. I'm older by 15 months. There is a "then" shot of us sitting on the same couch, but I can't find it. I'll keep looking...
Next blog installment: Aunt Bossy's Guide to the Gym (specifically, how to haul everything you need to get ready for work to & from without forgetting key things like underwear and deoderant) and the spin-off story, Aunt Bossy Learns to Brush Her Hair. Stay tuned!




5 comments:

WendyMom said...

Yes, yes, it's all true! You look totally rockin'- and it's only going to get better!

Your nose only "looks" bigger because your face has shrunk so much- everything looks smaller when it's framed by a wider background. You really need to let me take a pic of you in that new red dress you wore to church last week- now that's some serious good lookin' stuff!

I pray for you every day- hope to see you at the gym more next week-
Love you girl-

WendyMom said...

Um, that's ME see you more at the gym- not because you weren't there- but I wasn't.

Just to clarify for the other readers...because I don't want them to think you've been slacking! I have, but not you..

LOL- I need to go finish my coffee now.

Aunt Bossy said...

Thanks, Wendymom! The red dress was a big hit--my "I haven't worn this size since I was this age" dress.

And I totally get the coffee comment!

Back to the gym topic, I made it ALL 5 days last week (YAY!)and went up 1.8 pounds at the scale (not yay). But that's happened before, so I'm not worried. Eventually I'll register a 5 pound loss in one week, but really it will be the result of several weeks of working out. My body's weird like that.

Oh, and by the way--I love how you modified your blog profile to include David in the family. That blessed my heart!

JulieMom said...

Ok, you look awesome. Yay you!

And I'm wondering if the whole hair blog will have a "How NOT To Use the Curling Iron" segment.

Just wondering. :0)

Aunt Bossy said...

Ha! No--I still haven't gotten the hang of that, so I'm in no position to give advice to anyone else. My ineptitude WILL get a mention, however. Gotta lay the groundwork so folks can understand my history of hair-impairment. :-)

Welcome to my blog--where I get to share, reflect, vent, connect, and engage the world in conversation. 'Cause I always have something to say...